The Healing Anger Newsletter (skip to where the new issue starts) brings you a refreshing, helpful and upbeat approach to anger management and how it can work for you in every aspect of your life. Here is your chance to keep up with my (Dr. DeFoore here) latest discoveries and insights on anger management and how you can heal the anger in yourself, your family, your school and your workplace.
If you like this ezine, please do a friend and me a big favor and "pay it forward" by forwarding it to them. If a friend did forward this to you and if you like what you read, please subscribe by visiting the Healing Anger Newsletter subscription page.
This newsletter and the web site, AngerManagementResource.com were built and are maintained through a program called SiteBuildIt! It's the best way I know of to deal with the economic stress that so many are facing right now. Find out how you can start your own successful Internet business by watching these great videos about why so many people love SiteBuildIt!
Would you like to lend a helping hand? If you have purchased a book, CD or audio download, I would very much like to hear what you thought of your product! With your permission, I will publish your comments on my web site to help other visitors like yourself learn more about the products. This would be a big help!
Oh! By the way, did you get your free E-book? If so, after you've had a chance to read it and try some of the Anger Management Techniques, write to me and let me know what you think!
March 15, 2013
Healing Anger Newsletter, Issue #058
From Wounded Warrior
To Spiritual Warrior
Contents of this newsletter
What's New On The Web Site?
Three new web pages!
All three of these new pages focus on your stories, related to specific topics. Read the contributions of good folks like you, on the topics of, Parenting Adult Children
(a big issue for a lot of people), Dealing With Anger Issues
, and Marriage Counselling
New visitor-contributed pages
, such as I'm Being Accused Of Something I Didn't Do
and a powerful story called, Son Gets Angry During Sports
Check Out Our Facebook Page!
It gives you all of the latest updates from Dr. DeFoore and visitors like you. To follow us on Facebook, just go to Anger Management Resource by Dr. William DeFoore
and click on "Like" at the top of the page--or, follow us on Twitter
, Dr. DeFoore's other web site. Find lots of positive, upbeat perspectives to help you with your anger management, and sign up for the Goodfinding Newsletter
Your Anger Is A Wounded Warrior
Your little warrior spirit started showing up around the age of two years, which is why we have the term, "the terrible twos." It's developmentally appropriate, and completely normal.
Not knowing the value and importance of your anger and your warrior spirit, your parents probably failed to honor your little warrior. It got rejected, punished, ignored or squashed. So it went into the shadows, wounded and hidden in the dark recesses of your subconscious mind.
Here's how this happened, step by step:
- Your brilliant mind (and your Creator) knew that you would be threatened and opposed in your life, because that is natural in this world.
- Your brilliant mind knew that you needed to be able to stand up for yourself, to push back and to know how to say "No."
- Because most parents have no idea about the value of anger and the necessity of developing skills for standing your ground and making your point, your little warrior was wounded through punishment and neglect.
- So you had no choice but to deny and suppress this beautiful and powerful aspect of your being, whose purpose is nothing more and nothing less than standing up for you.
So, the wounded warrior turns that powerful energy of anger into depression, bitterness, anxiety and rage. It's just not healthy to suppress your anger.
The harm done by anger in the world is a result of the suppression and wounding of the warrior spirit.
So now we're going to look at ways that you can revive, renew and honor your warrior spirit, as you begin developing it into a spiritual warrior.
What Is The Spiritual Warrior?
The spiritual warrior is your healthy anger, aligned with your wisdom and your values.
It is far more vast and powerful than the warrior spirit, because it includes and operates in conjunction with your wisdom, your values and your good heart.
Here are some perspectives on the spiritual warrior:
- You notice that the word "spiritual" comes first, and "warrior" comes second...whereas the order is reversed for the warrior spirit.
- The warrior spirit is good, but undeveloped. And it can become destructive if it's not cultivated and guided.
- The spiritual warrior develops as a result of healing the emotional wounds of the wounded warrior, bringing love, compassion and understanding to operate alongside healthy anger.
- Your spiritual warrior is a part of you, it's not all that you are. It is a metaphor, an image to help you embrace and honor your healthy anger aligned with your values.
- Values clarification is key here. If you don't know what your values are, just spend some time alone, and ask yourself what matters most in life to you. Keep working with your list until each item on your list brings a sense of peace, purpose and love to your heart and mind.
- Now come up with your own, personal image of your internal spiritual warrior. Keep in mind that this is your healthy anger, your internal protector, who operates only in accordance with your will and the values you have just listed.
This is a highly personal process, and I encourage you to share it very carefully with a select friend or two, or not at all. Many people could easily misunderstand or misinterpret this whole idea. Make it your own, and hold it close to your heart.
Imagine the feelings of confidence, security, strength and optimism that will come naturally and easily to you as you continue to develop and strengthen this beautiful and powerful aspect of your magnificent inner being.
This book will guide you through a process specifically designed to transform your warrior spirit into a spiritual warrior. Here is a quote from a reader of Anger Among Angels:
"I really liked Anger Among Angels. You are
so passionate about embracing everything in our psyche and alienating nothing. Reading your book comforts me."
Arzu Calis, Executive Coach.
P.S. Why not make the rest of your life the best of your life? You can get started right now with Elegant Aging: Growing Deeper, Stronger and Wiser.
P.P.S. Did you know that I offer telephone (including Skype video phone) counseling around the world? That's right, from the comfort of your home, you can get professional counseling from me, Dr. William DeFoore. Contact us now to schedule a session!
How To Develop The Spiritual Warrior
Let me hear from you!Comments? Ideas? Feedback? I'd love to hear from you. Just reply to this ezine and tell me what you think! If you have ideas for future Healing Anger Newsletter issues, I'm open to considering them. Here is your opportunity to get involved--I might even include your comments, story or link in a future issue of this ezine.
Also, as I mentioned above I would very much like your testimonial or endorsement if you have purchased a product--or if you downloaded our free E-book!
Don't forget! We want to hear your story, and when you submit it you get your own web page on the site! Take a look at the categories you can write in now. It's easy!
Thanks for being here!
William G. DeFoore
Disclosure: William DeFoore is an authorized affiliate of Legacy Publishing Company, A.J. Novick Group, Inc.,
Think Right Now International, Inc., SiteSell, Inc. and the Institute of HeartMath.