September 15, 2021
Healing Anger Newsletter, Issue #160
Archive issue from September,2017
What Are The Free Tools?
These are do-it-yourself tools, and you probably already have everything you need to get started. This costs nothing, but it does ask something from you.
Your time, commitment and focus is required to make these tools work. Let's take a look at what they are:
- Find out where you are with your anger. Take one of our anger management tests to get started.
- Then it's a good idea to find out where your anger comes from. There is pain, sorrow and fear underlying your anger, and you need to know the story behind that. This trauma writing exercise will help you with that part.
- Then you need to honor your anger, by giving it a safe, healthy place to be. This anger journaling process gives you exactly that opportunity.
- Then it's time for emotional healing of the wounds underlying your anger. These imagery processes are
designed to help you do that emotional healing.
- Last but not least, it's time to begin building a positive attitude about yourself and the world around you. The Goodfinding journaling exercise will guide you through the steps to make that happen.
Those are the tools. Sound easy? In some ways yes, and in some ways, no.
It's easier than continuing to struggle with anger, depression and bad relationships the rest of your life, but it does take some consistent, focused effort on your part.
Now let's look at how to use those tools to your best possible benefit.
"One of the best anger management tools is the practice of gratitude...it actually blocks toxic emotions."
Remember, tools are useless unless you use them. And, the more you use them, the more skilled you become, and the greater the benefit you gain.
Also keep in mind that these anger management tools not only help you with your anger, they help you move forward into the happiness you truly want.
Keep your positive connections working for you by discovering all of the ways to participate in the Goodfinding Community Online page.
How Do I Use The Tools So They Really Work?
Good for you for reading to this point! That tells me that you might be focused and motivated enough to use these free tools for healing anger successfully.
Here are some things you can do to make sure you get the most possible benefit from the tools:
- When you take the anger test, or the anger management assessment, pay attention to all of the possible responses to each question. That will give you even more benefit. See if you can figure out which response is healthy, which is more severe, and which is extreme, etc.
- When you write your "trauma story," take it seriously. Spend some time on it. Then take a few days break and come back to it. You'll have a different feeling, and you may be willing to go to a deeper level. Watch out for attempts to minimize what happened to you, or to protect parents or caregivers who neglected, abused or abandoned you. It's not about them, after all, it's about what happened to you and how it affected you.
- In your anger journaling, don't hold back. Let it all come out, and keep writing until you feel you've gotten to the bottom of your anger. Ideally, you will get bored with the angry part of your mind--it's really not that smart. Then you're ready to move on to the next step.
- In your healing imagery process, be sure and find a relaxing, quiet, private situation for the exercise. Make your best effort to visualize the wounded parts of yourself, and try to have compassion and empathy for your child self in your memories. This is an extremely powerful tool, but it takes a lot of practice to get the full benefit.
- In your Goodfinding journaling process, the main thing is to do it, and keep doing it, and don't stop. The more you do it, the better you will feel, and the more deeply you will go into your gratitude, appreciation and optimism. Watch this video to learn more.
Remember, these are all free, do-it-yourself tools. This may or may not work for you, depending on how serious your issues are.
It is definitely worth a try, though! And, you're worth it!
This highly effective audio program, available as a CD or MP3 download, will help you understand and heal your anger once and for all.
Take advantage of the free previews when you click on the image above, and the no-risk return policy that guarantees your satisfaction.
Welcome To New Subscribers
The Healing Anger Newsletter brings you a refreshing, helpful and upbeat approach to anger management and how it can work for you in
every aspect of your life. Here is your chance to keep up with my (Dr. DeFoore here) latest discoveries and insights on anger management and how you can heal the anger in yourself, your family, your school and your workplace.
If you like this ezine, please do a friend and me a big favor and "pay it forward" by forwarding it to them. If a friend did forward this to you and if you like what you read, please subscribe by visiting the Healing Anger Newsletter subscription page.
Back to Top of Page
What's New On The Web Site?
New web pages for you
. Read new contributions from good folks like you, such as I'm A Good Woman But An Angry Mom
by a woman who desperately wants to be able to show love to her children, and My Husband Is A Bully
by a woman trying to decide on what to do about her marriage.. We Have A Mobile Site
. Please visit our site, AngerManagementResource.com using your smart phone
, and check out the mobile version of the site. I would really appreciate your feedback
-- just look for
your favorite information, and see if you find it easy to navigate. Then let me know what you think
! Thanks in advance. Check Out Our Facebook Page!
It gives you all of the latest updates from Dr. DeFoore and visitors like you. To follow us on Facebook, just go to Anger Management Resource by Dr. William DeFoore
and click on "Like" at the top of the page -- or, follow us on Twitter
! New Web Site!
That's right, Dr. DeFoore (that's me) has created an all new web site that is all about helping you feel good about yourself and the world around you. Visit goodfinding.com
and find lots of positive, upbeat perspectives to help you with your anger and every aspect of your life, and sign up for the Goodfinding Newsletter
, and/or the Daily Goodfinding Quotes
P.S. Why not make the rest of your life the
best of your life? You can get started right now with Elegant Aging: Growing Deeper, Stronger and Wiser.
P.P.S. Did you know that I offer telephone (including Skype and Face Time video phone) counseling around the world? That's right, from the comfort of your home, you can get professional counseling from me, Dr. William DeFoore. Contact us now to schedule a session!