|Hi, learn how to follow your emotional road map to happiness.
Your Emotional Road Map
How To Get To The Feelings You Want
The Healing Anger Newsletter (skip to where the new issue starts) brings you a refreshing, helpful and upbeat approach to anger management and how it can work for you in every aspect of your life. Here is your chance to keep up with my (Dr. DeFoore here) latest discoveries and insights on anger management and how you can heal the anger in yourself, your family, your school and your workplace.
If you like this ezine, please do a friend and me a big favor and "pay it forward" by forwarding it to them. If a friend did forward this to you and if you like what you read, please subscribe by visiting the Healing Anger Newsletter subscription page.
This newsletter and the web site, AngerManagementResource.com were built and are maintained through a program called SiteBuildIt! It's the best way I know of to deal with the economic stress that so many are facing right now. Find out how you can start your own successful Internet business by watching these great videos about why so many people love SiteBuildIt!
Would you like to lend a helping hand? If you have purchased a book, CD or audio download, I would very much like to hear what you thought of your product! With your permission, I will publish your comments, with your name, on my web site to help other visitors like yourself learn more about the products. This would be a big help!
Oh! By the way, did you get your free E-book? If so, after you've had a chance to read it and try some of the Anger Management Techniques, write to me and let me know what you think!
May 1, 2012
Healing Anger Newsletter, Issue #047
Your Emotional Road Map
How To Get To The Feelings You Want
Contents of this newsletter
What's new on the web site?
Three new web pages--check them out!
Here are the web pages I have built. There are three of them, and the titles tell you what they're about. Anger Management Skills For You and Your Loved Ones, What Kind of Anger Problems Do You Have?, How To Create Personal Boundaries.
We now have three interactive online tests, one to find out if you have an anger problem, one to assess your escalation patterns, and one to measure your depression level.
Check Out The New Look On Our Facebook Page! It gives you all of the latest updates from Dr. DeFoore and visitors like you. To follow us on Facebook, just go to Anger Management Resource by Dr. William DeFoore and click on "Like" at the top of the page--or, follow us on Twitter!
Visit Goodfinding.com, Dr. DeFoore's other web site. Find lots of positive, upbeat perspectives to help you with your anger management, and sign up for the Goodfinding Newsletter. Anger often comes from keeping a very negative focus--and here's your antidote!
How Does The Emotional Road Map Work?
I hope you find comfort in the idea that there is a type of guidance system within you, that will help you get from where you don't want to be to where you want to be.
It's made up of your emotions. Your negative emotions let you know you're off track, and your positive emotions tell you that you're getting it, in the groove, and going exactly where you want to be.
Now let's look at how the process works:
- Your current thoughts and actions are triggering specific emotions inside you. Pay attention, notice what you're feeling.
- If you're feeling fear, nervousness, anxiety or anger, that tells you that you're not lined up with who you really are and what you truly want. (You are truly a good person who wants to feel good.)
- You take action (and change your thoughts) to get yourself feeling better, and slowly work yourself back in line with who you are and what you want.
- You slowly but surely get better and better at generating positive emotions such as satisfaction, comfort, confidence and love.
- As a result, you get more and more in touch with the good person you truly are, and your positive emotions grow and grow until they become normal for you.
That's how the "road map" works. The negative emotions are like those bumpy things on the side of the highway, letting you know that you're drifing out of your lane.
When you pay attention, you get more and more skilled at changing your thoughts and actions, which generates more positive emotions, telling you that you're back on track.
How Do I Stay On Track?
That's the real question, isn't it? We've all gotten to a good place in our lives, but the challenging part is staying there.
Let's look at some things you can do to get on track and stay on track:
- If you feel like you're way off track, then you need to deal with your pain, fear and anger first, so that you can start feeling better. Take the anger test, and follow the instructions at the end. Also, use these exercises to understand and heal your anger.
- Start looking around you for all of the little things that are good, right and working. Count your blessings.
- Keep a gratitude journal to "tune up" your positive attitude, and to begin forming an "attitude of gratitude."
- Make a list of the things you appreciate about your spouse, your children and other significant family members, and then share your list with them. Have fun with this, and remember to do it for you, no matter how they respond.
- To keep this going, and to stay on track for the rest of your life, do the Goodfinding journaling process. Think of this like taking a shower, brushing your teeth, exercising, and paying bills. Practice it for at least 30 days, to develop the habit, and then just keep going. You can do this!
The "track" you're trying to stay on here is just feeling good, most of the time. You were designed to feel good.
When you are feeling good and having a good time, you are smarter, kinder and healthier. As a matter of fact, feeling good and having a good time is the most important thing in your life, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.
This audio CD program, also available for download as an MP3 file to play on your computer, iPod or other MP3 player will take you through all of the steps to become a full time Goodfinder!
P.S. Why not make the rest of your life the best of your life? You can get started right now with Elegant Aging: Growing Deeper, Stronger and Wiser.
P.P.S. Did you know that I offer telephone (including Skype video phone) counseling around the world? That's right, from the comfort of your home, you can get professional counseling from me, Dr. William DeFoore. Contact us now to schedule a session!
How Your Fear Can Make You Stronger And Safer
Let me hear from you!Comments? Ideas? Feedback? I'd love to hear from you. Just reply to this ezine and tell me what you think! If you have ideas for future Healing Anger Newsletter issues, I'm open to considering them. Here is your opportunity to get involved--I might even include your comments, story or link in a future issue of this ezine.
Also, as I mentioned above I would very much like your testimonial or endorsement if you have purchased a product--or if you downloaded our free E-book!
Don't forget! We want to hear your story, and when you submit it you get your own web page on the site! Take a look at the categories you can write in now. It's easy!
Thanks for being here!
William G. DeFoore
Disclosure: William DeFoore is an authorized affiliate of Legacy Publishing Company, A.J. Novick Group, Inc.,
Think Right Now International, Inc., SiteSell, Inc. and the Institute of HeartMath.