The Healing Anger Newsletter (skip to where the new issue starts) brings you a refreshing, helpful and upbeat approach to anger management and how it can work for you in every aspect of your life. Here is your chance to keep up with my (Dr. DeFoore here) latest discoveries and insights on anger management and how you can heal the anger in yourself, your family, your school and your workplace.
If you like this ezine, please do a friend and me a big favor and "pay it forward" by forwarding it to them. If a friend did forward this to you and if you like what you read, please subscribe by visiting the Healing Anger Newsletter subscription page.
This newsletter and the web site, AngerManagementResource.com were built and are maintained through a program called SiteBuildIt! It's the best way I know of to deal with the economic stress that so many are facing right now. Find out how you can start your own successful Internet business by watching these great videos about why so many people love SiteBuildIt!
Would you like to lend a helping hand? If you have purchased a book, CD or audio download, I would very much like to hear what you thought of your product! With your permission, I will publish your comments on my web site to help other visitors like yourself learn more about the products. This would be a big help!
Oh! By the way, did you get your free E-book? If so, after you've had a chance to read it and try some of the Anger Management Techniques, write to me and let me know what you think!
July 15, 2013
Healing Anger Newsletter, Issue #062
The Power Of Your Will And Intention
Manage Your Emotions With Your Will Power
Contents of this newsletter
What's New On The Web Site?
New web pages
. Learn about Transforming Anger In The Workplace
. Also stories contributed by good people wanting to make things better, such as How Do You Turn Away Or Just Say No To Your Children When They Are Grown Adults?
, and a story by a perplexed wife, called, I Don't Feel Loved Any More And My Husband Won't Work
Check Out Our Facebook Page!
It gives you all of the latest updates from Dr. DeFoore and visitors like you. To follow us on Facebook, just go to Anger Management Resource by Dr. William DeFoore
and click on "Like" at the top of the page--or, follow us on Twitter
, Dr. DeFoore's other web site. Find lots of positive, upbeat perspectives to help you with your anger management, and sign up for the Goodfinding Newsletter
Set Your Intention For A Great Day
You've heard the saying, "Where there's a will, there's a way," and "You can do anything you set your mind to." These are the ideas we're focusing on in this newsletter.
Your will and intention are far stronger than you know. They are powerful tools that you can learn to develop and use just like any muscle or mental capacity you have. Let's look at some methods and techniques for setting your intention:
- Start your day intentionally. As soon as possible after you wake up, spend a few minutes writing a description of how you want to feel during your day.
- As you write, visualize how you will look and act while feeling like you want to feel.
- Use the words, "I intend..." and then fill in the blank with things like, "for this day to go well and be enjoyable" or "to feel relaxed, calm and happy throughout my day today."
- Then, as you go through your day, re-set your focus periodically, by sitting calmly and restating to yourself how you want to feel and how you want the rest of your day to go.
This is not a magic formula or quick fix, but if you practice it regularly, you will most certainly get results.
If you have trouble getting yourself to do this in the morning, set your intention before falling asleep at night, by stating in your mind that you will sleep well, wake up refreshed, and begin your day with a positive plan for feeling good and being productive in all that you do.
Use Will Power For Emotional Control In Stressful Situations
You know that situation with your children, your spouse, your ex or your in-laws that you're dreading? Well, here are some tips on how to get ready for it, so that you can keep your cool under stress.
- First, decide what you want, regarding your own emotional control. Be very specific, thinking about how you want to stay relaxed, breathing deeply and regularly, and calm. Don't think about the other people involved, just focus on yourself, and how you want to feel in the situation.
- Think and write about how you will feel about yourself during and after the situation, noticing the feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction.
- Now play a movie in your mind, where you see yourself acting and feeling exactly like you want to, during and after the event.
- Finally, imagine it as if it was actually happening, with you feeling relaxed and calm through the whole scenario. The difference between this step and the one before is that when you're playing a movie of it, you're seeing yourself from the outside, and this time you're imagining it from the inside, as if it was happening to you right now.
This is a tried and true technique used to help professional athletes achieve new and higher levels of performance, and it is also used to help people overcome phobias such as the fear of public speaking and the fear of flying.
These are tools, and they only work if you use them. And the more you use them, the better they will work for you.
This audio CD/download program will teach you how to use your brilliant, powerful mind to improve your health, happiness and relationships.
The research is clear...meditation is good for your body, mind and soul. It literally gives you access to the genius within you, who is directly connected with your good heart.
P.S. Why not make the rest of your life the best of your life? You can get started right now with Elegant Aging: Growing Deeper, Stronger and Wiser.
P.P.S. Did you know that I offer telephone (including Skype video phone) counseling around the world? That's right, from the comfort of your home, you can get professional counseling from me, Dr. William DeFoore. Contact us now to schedule a session!
Why Anger Is Not A Good Communicator
Let me hear from you!Comments? Ideas? Feedback? I'd love to hear from you. Just reply to this ezine and tell me what you think! If you have ideas for future Healing Anger Newsletter issues, I'm open to considering them. Here is your opportunity to get involved--I might even include your comments, story or link in a future issue of this ezine.
Also, as I mentioned above I would very much like your testimonial or endorsement if you have purchased a product--or if you downloaded our free E-book!
Don't forget! We want to hear your story, and when you submit it you get your own web page on the site! Take a look at the categories you can write in now. It's easy!
Thanks for being here!
William G. DeFoore
Disclosure: William DeFoore is an authorized affiliate of Legacy Publishing Company, A.J. Novick Group, Inc.,
Think Right Now International, Inc., SiteSell, Inc. and the Institute of HeartMath.