The Healing Anger Newsletter brings you a refreshing, helpful and upbeat approach to anger management and how it can work for you in every aspect of your life. Here is your chance to keep up with my (Dr. DeFoore here) latest discoveries and insights on anger management and how you can heal the anger in yourself, your family, your school and your workplace.
If you like this ezine, please do a friend and me a big favor and "pay it forward" by forwarding it to them. If a friend did forward this to you and if you like what you read, please subscribe by visiting the Healing Anger Newsletter subscription page.
October 15, 2013
Healing Anger Newsletter, Issue #065
Make Anger Work For You
Not Against You
Contents of this newsletter
What's New On The Web Site?
New web pages
. Read stories contributed by good people like you, wanting to make things better, such as Mental Abuse Is Painful
. This next contributor found our site to be The Perfect Forum For These Feelings
. And finally, a very confused woman asks the question, What's Wrong With My Husband?
See if you can help her figure it out!
Check Out Our Facebook Page!
It gives you all of the latest updates from Dr. DeFoore and visitors like you. To follow us on Facebook, just go to Anger Management Resource by Dr. William DeFoore
and click on "Like" at the top of the page--or, follow us on Twitter
, Dr. DeFoore's other web site. Find lots of positive, upbeat perspectives to help you with your anger management, and sign up for the Goodfinding Newsletter
How Anger Can Work Against You
There are basically two ways...you either keep it all inside and hurt yourself, or you let it out in unhealthy destructive ways, and hurt other people and your relationships (which hurts you too).
Let's look at some specific examples of this.
- You may have learned that anger is just bad, and so you always tried to keep it inside and not let it show. Then you started to get anxious, depressed and/or physically ill...it's hard on a body to hold a lifetime of anger inside.
- You learned that others are afraid of your anger, and so you use it to control people and get what you want. This can creat all kinds of problems, including anger addiction.
- You always kept your anger inside, but then you decided you just couldn't take it any more. (When you don't express anger, you are likely to get walked on and pushed around.) So then you started exploding...and it felt better in some ways, and worse in others.
These examples cover the most common scenarios, and you may or may not feel that they describe your own process. Most likely, you will find yourself somewhere in one or more of these scenarios.
The bottom line is that in each of these examples, anger is unhealthy and destructive. But it doesn't have to be.
Make A Friend Of Your Anger
How would you like to really have a tiger in your tank? You already do...we just need to make sure it's not eating up your insides, or leaping out in the face of those you love.
Here are some steps to taming the tiger.
- Let your anger speak. This daily journaling process will give your anger a healthy, safe place to go on a regular basis, until it starts to calm down and become more friendly.
- Regular physical exercise gives you a healthy place to put that primal energy, and will definitely help to soothe the savage beast.
- Learn how to embrace the beast. This step-by-step process will guide you through the exercise known as "see it don't be it" which is the first step to embracing the beast...read about the rest of that process in Anger Among Angels.
- Once you've taken one or more of those steps (which you may have already done), start using the healthy energy of your anger to fuel effective action. Take any problem you're facing in your life, look it square in the eye and say, "I'm going to solve this, and come out smarter and stronger on the other side...and nothing's going to stop me." There's your healthy anger working for you.
I know this is easier said than done, but it also might be easier than you think it will be.
Just get started, and take one step at a time, and you'll be amazed at how far you can progress in a relatively short period of time!
This audio CD/download/Ebook program will teach you about healthy anger and how you can use it to be healthier, smarter and stronger.
P.S. Why not make the rest of your life the best of your life? You can get started right now with Elegant Aging: Growing Deeper, Stronger and Wiser.
P.P.S. Did you know that I offer telephone (including Skype video phone) counseling around the world? That's right, from the comfort of your home, you can get professional counseling from me, Dr. William DeFoore. Contact us now to schedule a session!
But What If Your Anger Is Justified?
Let me hear from you!Comments? Ideas? Feedback? I'd love to hear from you. Just reply to this ezine and tell me what you think! If you have ideas for future Healing Anger Newsletter issues, I'm open to considering them. Here is your opportunity to get involved--I might even include your comments, story or link in a future issue of this ezine.
Also, as I mentioned above I would very much like your testimonial or endorsement if you have purchased a product--or if you downloaded our free E-book!
Don't forget! We want to hear your story, and when you submit it you get your own web page on the site! Take a look at the categories you can write in now. It's easy!
This newsletter and the web site, AngerManagementResource.com were built and are maintained through a program called SiteBuildIt! It's the best way I know of to deal with the economic stress that so many are facing right now. Find out how you can start your own successful Internet business by watching these great videos about why so many people love SiteBuildIt!
Would you like to lend a helping hand? If you have purchased a book, CD or audio download, I would very much like to hear what you thought of your product! With your permission, I will publish your comments on my web site to help other visitors like yourself learn more about the products. This would be a big help!
Oh! By the way, did you get your free E-book? If so, after you've had a chance to read it and try some of the Anger Management Techniques, write to me and let me know what you think!
Thanks for being here!
William G. DeFoore
Disclosure: William DeFoore is an authorized affiliate of Legacy Publishing Company, A.J. Novick Group, Inc.,
Think Right Now International, Inc., SiteSell, Inc. and the Institute of HeartMath.