Make Your Critic Into A Positive Coach
Your inner critic is trying to help, but its methods are flawed. It thinks that criticizing you will get you to make positive changes, but that just doesn't work.
You change and grow because of a positive desire to be better, not because of feeling bad about yourself.
So how do you make your inner critic into a positive inner coach?
- Give your inner critic a name and a face, and say to it, "Thanks for trying to help. I'm going to try a positive approach, and I need your help. Just watch from the sidelines, and if this works, your job is done and you can retire. If not you can always jump back in."
- Don't expect your inner critic to be happy about this. You're taking charge, and it likes to be in charge...but it's just not a good boss.
- Now activate your positive inner coach with positive self-talk and self-encouragement.
- Begin a daily practice of positive self coaching. This will require a lot of repetition to convince the inner critic you mean business! Don't be surprised if the inner critic takes over again when you slack off in your positive
- Believe in yourself! You can do this! Become your own best friend, and you will benefit for the rest of your life.
Think of it this way...
I can either be my own best friend or my own worst enemy. It's a choice I make moment by moment, thoughout every day.
you activate the power of positive emotion within you on a regular basis, you will have renewed levels of energy and enthusiasm available to you more and more of the time.
Click on the above image to get your copies of Dr. DeFoore's "Healing Anger Book Series."
The Healing Anger Newsletter brings you a refreshing, helpful and upbeat approach to anger management and how it can work for you in every aspect of your life. Here is your chance to keep up with my (Dr. DeFoore here) latest discoveries and insights on anger management and how you can heal the anger in yourself, your family, your school and your workplace.
If you like this ezine, please do a friend and me a big favor and "pay it forward" by forwarding it to them. If a friend did forward this to you and if you like what you read, please subscribe by visiting the Healing Anger Newsletter subscription page.
Back to Top of Page
What's New On The Web Site?
New web pages for you. Read new contributions from good folks like you, such as Betrayed And Rejected And Now I Can't Let Go by a woman trying to break free from an obsession about a relationship, and this powerful story by a young woman trying to find a place for herself in the world, called My Mom Wishes I Had Never Been Born.
We Have A Mobile Site. Please visit our site, AngerManagementResource.com using your smart phone, and check out the mobile version of the site. I would really appreciate your feedback -- just look for your favorite information, and see if you find it easy to navigate. Then let me know what you think! Thanks in advance.
Check Out Our Facebook Page! It gives you all of the latest updates from Dr. DeFoore and visitors like you. To follow us on Facebook, just
go to Anger Management Resource by Dr. William DeFoore and click on "Like" at the top of the page -- or, follow us on Twitter!
New Web Site! That's right, Dr. DeFoore (that's me) has created an all new web site that is all about helping you feel good about yourself and the world around you. Visit goodfinding.com and find lots of positive, upbeat perspectives to help you with your anger and every aspect of your life, and sign up for the Goodfinding Newsletter, and/or the Daily Goodfinding Quotes.
P.S. Why not make the rest of your life the best of your life? You can get started right now with Elegant Aging: Growing Deeper, Stronger and Wiser.
P.P.S. Did you know that I offer telephone (including Skype and Face Time video phone) counseling
around the world? That's right, from the comfort of your home, you can get professional counseling from me, Dr. William DeFoore. Contact us now to schedule a session!
Back to Top of Page