Are You Determined?
One thing is for sure...when you are angry, you can get very determined. If your anger is healthy, you can use that determination to improve your life and relationships.
And, if your anger is not healthy, that determination can be blind motivation to do the wrong thing, and that makes everything worse.
Let's look a little closer at what it means to be determined:
- When you're determined, you're highly motivated, and that's a good thing...when you have positive goals.
- Determination can come from two different places; it is either coming from fear and pain, or it is coming from a strong desire to create a new and better outcome.
- When you're just blindly determined to make things different because of your pain, fear and anger, you're actually a victim of these emotions.
- On the other hand, when you're motivated by a vision of a brighter future, you are more in control. And your determination is stronger and lasts longer.
Think of it this way...
"You're either looking forward at what you want, or backward at what you don't want. You can see a lot better looking forward."
Look ahead. Keep your "eye on the prize." Know where you're going, and be fiercely determined to get there, knowing there will always be another horizon to enthusiastically seek.
Are You Determining Your Future?
When you determine something, you're making it happen intentionally.
now to look ahead toward what you want rather than back at what you don't want. If you keep dragging unwanted baggage with you when you try to move forward, learn how to clear that up here.
There is a way for you to use the power of your brilliant mind to determine your own future outcomes, to a very large extent.
Here are the steps to create new behavior and healthy relationships:
- Set your intention and expectation. Make up your mind that you're going to be the good person you know that you are inside, and never give up. Be determined to meet your goals.
- The next step is to look forward to being right about your expectations. Everybody likes to be right.Think of how good it will feel when you fulfill your intentions and meet your expectations. Look forward to those feelings.
- Begin looking for what is good, right and working about you and your life, in this moment and on an ongoing basis. This looking, searching and finding step is where you create the outcomes you're wanting. The key is to appreciate the good things
that are already there, and look forward enthusiastically to the good things that are coming.
Healthy anger is emotional energy directed toward improving your situation. It's as simple as that. Get your anger healthy, and use that powerful energy to create the life you want for yourself.
Learn more about determining your future in this article on The Art Of Happiness.
Never underestimate the power you have to decide, decide, and decide again. That's what determination and motivation are all about.
This highly effective audio program, available as a CD or MP3 download, will help you heal your anger so that it becomes a powerful ally as you determine to reach all of your goals in life.
Take advantage of the free previews, and the no-risk return policy that guarantees your satisfaction.
Welcome To New Subscribers
The Healing Anger Newsletter brings you a refreshing, helpful and upbeat approach to
anger management and how it can work for you in every aspect of your life. Here is your chance to keep up with my (Dr. DeFoore here) latest discoveries and insights on anger management and how you can heal the anger in yourself, your family, your school and your workplace.
If you like this ezine, please do a friend and me a big favor and "pay it forward" by forwarding it to them. If a friend did forward this to you and if you like what you read, please subscribe by visiting the Healing Anger Newsletter subscription page.
Back to Top of Page
What's New On
The Web Site?
New web pages for you. Read new contributions from good folks like you, such as Betrayed And Rejected And Now I Can't Let Go by a woman trying to break free from an obsession about a relationship, and this powerful story by a young woman trying to find a place for herself in the world, called My Mom Wishes I Had Never Been Born.
We Have A Mobile Site. Please visit our site, AngerManagementResource.com using your smart phone, and check out the mobile version of the site. I would really appreciate your feedback -- just look for your favorite information, and see if you find it easy to navigate. Then let me know what you think! Thanks in advance.
Check Out Our Facebook Page! It gives you all of the latest updates from Dr. DeFoore and visitors like you. To follow us on Facebook, just go to Anger Management Resource by
Dr. William DeFoore and click on "Like" at the top of the page -- or, follow us on Twitter!
New Web Site! That's right, Dr. DeFoore (that's me) has created an all new web site that is all about helping you feel good about yourself and the world around you. Visit goodfinding.com and find lots of positive, upbeat perspectives to help you with your anger and every aspect of your life, and sign up for the Goodfinding Newsletter, and/or the Daily Goodfinding Quotes.
P.S. Why not make the rest of your life the best of your life? You can get started right now with Elegant Aging: Growing Deeper, Stronger and Wiser.
P.P.S. Did you know that I offer telephone (including Skype and Face Time video phone) counseling around the world? That's right, from the comfort of your home, you can get professional counseling from me, Dr. William DeFoore. Contact us now to schedule a session!
Back to Top of Page