What Are The Costs Of Anger?
Well, you actually don't have to buy anger...but it costs you a lot if it comes out in unhealthy ways. First, let's look at how it costs you, and what it costs you.
Here are some things to think about:
- Unhealthy anger takes a toll on your health. It raises your blood pressure, increases your heart rate, and makes you more vulnerable to cancer.
- Toxic anger can cost you happiness and connection in your relationships with your partner, spouse, children and friends. Basically, this is because nobody wants to be on the receiving end of your anger.
- Unhealthy anger drains your energy. It's like sitting in your car and revving the engine without going anywhere...it's not good for the engine. Strong anger really doesn't have anywhere to go, because it's too destructive, and holding it inside takes a lot of your precious energy.
- And, if you really let your anger go out of control, it can cost you financially. You might break expensive things, wreck your car, or break the law, become violent and have to pay fines,
lawyer's fees, etc. It could even cost you your freedom.
Remember, we're talking about unhealthy, toxic anger here. Healthy anger actually adds energy, and makes your health and relationships better.
Now let's keep going so we can figure out how to reduce your emotional expenses.
"You were designed to be emotionally healthy, and to have a surplus of energy and enthusiasm to create the life you choose for
First, you have to make up your mind to get emotionally healthy. You can do this, but only if you set your good heart and brilliant mind to the task.
Just ask yourself...do you really want to live your life with enthusiasm and positive motivation?
If the anwser is yes
(and it is for most of us), then you have what it takes to get started. Now, here are some steps to take you further along the path.
How To Reduce Your Emotional Expenses
Just like with your finances, you have to reduce your liabilities and increase your
Example of assets would be healthy self-care, positive beliefs about yourself, and strong, healthy relationships. Liabilities would be things like explosive anger, depressive patterns, negative beliefs and dysfunctional relationships.
Here are some steps you can take:
- Express your love. Make a list of the people you love the most, and write about all of the things you love about
them. Then tell them, in a letter, email, phone call or in person.
- List any and all old, negative beliefs you have, then replace each one with positive, empowering beliefs.
- Make a committment to yourself to eat healthy and exercise regularly...never underestimate the power of these basic, simple practices of self-care.
- Become a Goodfinder. This is simply a matter of looking for and focusing on what is good, right and working about your life - past, present and future. This will build your sense of gratitude, appreciation and optimism about yourself, your loved ones, and the world around you.
Each of these above steps will help you reduce your personal liabilities and increase your pesonal assets. Learn more about asset-based thinking.
This may be simple to understand, but when you begin truly applying and developing these skills, you will find it a very challenging process...and worth every ounce of energy you
You are far stronger, smarter and healthier than you realize. Consider that for a moment.
This highly effective audio program, available as CDs or MP3 download, will help you understand and develop your emotional balance and well being. In this program, Dr. DeFoore will guide you through an understanding of how your emotions are like your finances, and you can operate at a deficit or surplus, whichever you choose. Get
your copy now.
Take advantage of the free previews, and the no-risk return policy that guarantees your satisfaction, when you follow the links above.
Welcome To New Subscribers
The Healing Anger Newsletter brings you a refreshing, helpful and upbeat approach to anger management and how it can work for you in every aspect of your life. Here is your chance to keep up with my (Dr. DeFoore here) latest discoveries and insights on anger management and how you can heal the anger in yourself, your family, your school and your workplace.
If you like this ezine, please do a friend and me a big favor and "pay it
forward" by forwarding it to them. If a friend did forward this to you and if you like what you read, please subscribe by visiting the Healing Anger Newsletter subscription page.
Back to Top of Page
What's New On The Web Site?
New web pages for you. Read new contributions from good folks like you, such as Am I Provoking My Angry Husband by a woman who is willing to take responsibility for her part...perhaps to a fault, and I Want To Control My Anger Around My Highly Sensitive Child by an angry mother who wants to improve so that she can be the good parent that she wants to be.
We Have A Mobile Site. Please visit our site, AngerManagementResource.com using your smart phone, and check out the mobile version of the site. I would really appreciate your feedback -- just look for your favorite information, and see if you find it easy to navigate. Then let me know what you think! Thanks in advance.
Check Out Our Facebook Page! It gives you all of the latest updates from Dr. DeFoore and visitors like you. To follow us on Facebook, just go to Anger Management Resource by Dr. William DeFoore and click on "Like" at the top of the page -- or, follow us on Twitter!
New Web Site!
That's right, Dr. DeFoore (that's me) has created an all new web site that is all about helping you feel good about yourself and the world around you. Visit goodfinding.com and find lots of positive, upbeat perspectives to help you with your anger and every aspect of your life, and sign up for the Goodfinding Newsletter, and/or the Daily Goodfinding Quotes.
P.S. Why not make the rest of your life the best of your life? You can get started right now with
Elegant Aging: Growing Deeper, Stronger and Wiser.
P.P.S. Did you know that I offer telephone (including Skype and Face Time video phone) counseling around the world? That's right, from the comfort of your home, you can get professional counseling from me, Dr. William DeFoore. Contact us now to schedule a session!
Back to Top of Page