March 15, 2020
Healing Anger Newsletter, Issue #142
(Archive issue from July, 2013)
Contents of this newsletter
Set Your Intention For A Great Day
You've heard the saying, "Where there's a will, there's a way," and "You can do anything you set your mind to." These are the ideas we're focusing on in this newsletter.
Your will and intention are far stronger than you know. They are powerful tools that you can learn to
develop and use just like any muscle or mental capacity you have. Let's look at some methods and techniques for setting your intention:
- Start your day intentionally. As soon as possible after you wake up, spend a few minutes writing a description of how you want to feel during your day.
- As you write, visualize how you will look and act while feeling like you want to feel.
- Use the words, "I intend..." and then fill in the blank with things like, "for this day to go well and be enjoyable" or "to feel relaxed, calm and happy throughout my day today."
- Then, as you go through your day, re-set your focus periodically, by sitting calmly and restating to yourself how you want to feel and how you want the rest of your day to go.
This is not a magic formula or quick fix, but if you practice it regularly, you will most certainly get results.
If you have trouble getting yourself to do this in the morning, set your intention before falling asleep at night, by stating in your mind that you will sleep well, wake up refreshed, and begin your day with a positive plan for feeling good and being productive in all that you do.
Use Will Power For Emotional Control In Stressful Situations
You know that situation with your children, your spouse, your ex or your in-laws
that you're dreading? Well, here are some tips on how to get ready for it, so that you can keep your cool under stress.
- First, decide what you want, regarding your own emotional control. Be very specific, thinking about how you want to stay relaxed, breathing deeply and regularly, and calm. Don't think about the other people involved, just focus on yourself, and how you want to feel in the situation.
- Think and write about how you will feel about yourself during and after the situation, noticing the feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction.
- Now play a movie in your mind, where you see yourself acting and feeling exactly like you want to, during and after the event.
- Finally, imagine it as if it was actually happening, with you feeling relaxed and calm through the
whole scenario. The difference between this step and the one before is that when you're playing a movie of it, you're seeing yourself from the outside, and this time you're imagining it from the inside, as if it was happening to you right now.
This is a tried and true technique used to help professional athletes achieve new and higher levels of performance, and it is also used to help people overcome phobias such as the fear of public speaking and the fear of flying.
These are tools, and they only work if you use them. And the more you use them, the better they will work for you.
This audio CD/download program will teach you how to use your brilliant, powerful mind to improve your health, happiness and relationships.
The research is clear...meditation is good for your body, mind and soul. It literally gives you access to the genius within you, who is directly connected with your good heart.
Welcome To New Subscribers
The Healing Anger Newsletter brings you a refreshing, helpful and upbeat approach to anger management and how it can work for you in every aspect of your life. Here is your chance to keep up with my (Dr. DeFoore here) latest discoveries and insights on anger management and how you can heal the anger in yourself, your family, your school and your workplace.
If you like this ezine, please do a friend and me a big favor and "pay it forward" by forwarding it to them. If a friend did forward this to you and if you like what you read, please subscribe by visiting the Healing Anger Newsletter
Back to Top of Page
What's New On The Web Site? New web pages
. Learn about Transforming Anger In The Workplace
. Also stories contributed by good people wanting to make things better, such as How Do You Turn Away Or Just Say No To Your
Children When They Are Grown Adults?
, and a story by a perplexed wife, called, I Don't Feel Loved Any More And My Husband Won't Work
. Check Out Our Facebook Page!
It gives you all of the latest updates from Dr. DeFoore and visitors like you. To follow us on Facebook, just go to Anger Management Resource by Dr. William DeFoore
and click on "Like" at the top of the page--or, follow us on Twitter
, Dr. DeFoore's other web site. Find lots of positive, upbeat perspectives to help you with your anger management, and sign up for the Goodfinding Newsletter
P.S. Why not make the rest of your life the best of your life? You can get started right now with Elegant Aging: Growing Deeper, Stronger and Wiser.
P.P.S. Did you know that I offer telephone (including Skype and Face Time video phone) counseling around the world? That's right, from the comfort of your home, you can get professional counseling from me, Dr. William DeFoore. Contact us now to schedule a session!
Back to Top of Page