|Hi, learn about the spirituality of anger.
The Spirituality Of Anger
Finding The Value Inside
The Healing Anger Newsletter (skip to where the new issue starts) brings you a refreshing, helpful and upbeat approach to anger management and how it can work for you in every aspect of your life. Here is your chance to keep up with my (Dr. DeFoore here) latest discoveries and insights on anger management and how you can heal the anger in yourself, your family, your school and your workplace.
If you like this ezine, please do a friend and me a big favor and "pay it forward" by forwarding it to them. If a friend did forward this to you and if you like what you read, please subscribe by visiting the Healing Anger Newsletter subscription page.
This newsletter and the web site, AngerManagementResource.com were built and are maintained through a program called SiteBuildIt! It's the best way I know of to deal with the economic stress that so many are facing right now. Find out how you can start your own successful Internet business by watching these great videos about why so many people love SiteBuildIt!
Would you like to lend a helping hand? If you have purchased a book, CD or audio download, I would very much like to hear what you thought of your product! With your permission, I will publish your comments, with your name, on my web site to help other visitors like yourself learn more about the products. This would be a big help!
Oh! By the way, did you get your free E-book? If so, after you've had a chance to read it and try some of the Anger Management Techniques, write to me and let me know what you think!
February 1, 2012
Healing Anger Newsletter, Issue #045
The Spirituality Of Anger
Finding The Value Inside
Contents of this newsletter
What's new on the web site?
A new Anger Management Assessment, and many new visitor stories--check them out!
The newly updated and revised Anger Management Assessment is interactive, and helps you identify your escalation patterns followed by recommendations. Take the new Anger Management Assessment now.
Here are the latest stories contributed by visitors just like you. Go to this page and you will see the titles of all of the new submissions that have been added during the month. Be sure and read Abusive Lady and I Want To Stop Allowing My Anger To Cause Verbal Abuse To My Partner.
Visit Our Facebook Page giving you all of the latest updates from Dr. DeFoore and visitors like you. To follow us on Facebook, just go to Anger Management Resource by Dr. William DeFoore and click on "Like" at the top of the page--or, follow us on Twitter!
Visit Goodfinding.com, Dr. DeFoore's other web site. Find lots of positive, upbeat perspectives to help you with your anger management, and sign up for the Goodfinding Newsletter. Anger often comes from keeping a very negative focus--and here's your antidote!
The Spiritual Origins Of Anger
Anger occurs in every child, as a natural part of emotional development. Its function and purpose is protection. Obviously, that is a very good purpose. So what goes wrong?
Our parents, teachers and even many therapists don't know what to do with or about anger, so anger has been seen as bad. Therefore, for most of us, our anger was ignored, rejected, or punished. Let's look at how the process works:
- We are incredibly vulnerable at birth, and we need lots of love, guidance and care.
- Our parents were far from perfect at meeting these needs, so we all got hurt in some way--and some of us got hurt a lot.
- And so we became afraid. Here we are in the world, needing love and protection, and not getting it.
- So, naturally, we have to protect ourselves, which is where anger comes in.
- No matter how you feel about your anger, imagine for a moment that it is a warrior spirit, or a spiritual warrior. The idea of a guardian angel might work for you. Picture an angry angel, whose only focus is to protect you.
There's your spirituality of anger. Protection is one of the most sacred roles that any parent, friend, spouse or diety can ever play.
However, since our anger was not taught, guided or cultivated in a positive way, it became primitive, destructive, and in some cases...it became sick and distorted. So, think of your anger as a very good spirit of protection, gone bad over time as a result of confusion, pain and lack of guidance.
How Do I Heal The Wounded Spirit Of My Anger?
I hope you're feeling inspired to revive and renew this good spirit of protection within you, and re-focus the energy of your anger towards the good. Let's look at how you can do exactly that:
- First, be willing to recognize and acknowledge that your anger was born within you for a very good, positive purpose--to protect you. Honor the spirit of your anger, however broken or destructive it may have become. You can do this simply by letting it speak--as described in this anger journaling process.
- Come up with a mental image of your anger, first as the lost and destructive force it has become. Then transform that image in your mind into the most powerful, radiant, good and focused spiritual warrior you can possibly imagine.
- Start thinking about what it would mean to be powerful and not destructive. Explore in your mind how you would be in your life and relationships, if you were powerful, but not destructive to yourself or anyone.
- With the understanding that the spiritual warrior in you needs to see the good as well as the bad in your life, begin this positive journaling process to expand your vision to include what is good, right and working about you and your world.
If you hit a wall in this process, be sure and use our other tools for healing your anger.
Anger Among Angels
Shedding Light On The Darkness Of The Human Soul
I wrote this book because I am fascinated with this place in the human soul where anger and the angels meet. I love the idea of healthy anger, aligned with love and wisdom and compassion. If you share my interest, you will enjoy Anger Among Angels.
P.S. Why not make the rest of your life the best of your life? You can get started right now with Elegant Aging: Growing Deeper, Stronger and Wiser.
P.P.S. Did you know that I offer telephone (including Skype video phone) counseling around the world? That's right, from the comfort of your home, you can get professional counseling from me, Dr. William DeFoore. Contact us now to schedule a session!
Surprising Free Tools For Healing Anger
Let me hear from you!Comments? Ideas? Feedback? I'd love to hear from you. Just reply to this ezine and tell me what you think! If you have ideas for future Healing Anger Newsletter issues, I'm open to considering them. Here is your opportunity to get involved--I might even include your comments, story or link in a future issue of this ezine.
Also, as I mentioned above I would very much like your testimonial or endorsement if you have purchased a product--or if you downloaded our free E-book!
Don't forget! We want to hear your story, and when you submit it you get your own web page on the site! Take a look at the categories you can write in now. It's easy!
Thanks for being here!
William G. DeFoore
Disclosure: William DeFoore is an authorized affiliate of Legacy Publishing Company, A.J. Novick Group, Inc.,
Think Right Now International, Inc., SiteSell, Inc. and the Institute of HeartMath.